|Nina on the Rope Swing|
CraftsMANship / Tea and Crafts Clubs:
God provided amazingly for these outreaches! Lowe’s, Miller Hardware and Acme Tools all provided tools and materials for the CraftsMANship club as well as many individuals. We have all the materials needed to build the birdhouses and enough toolboxes with basic tools in them for each of the kids participating.
As far as the Tea and Craft Club goes individuals provided everything we needed for it. From place settings to cookies and treats and all the crafting supplies. God has supplied abundantly through all of you and we that you for that.
|Neighborhood girls |
enjoying working on crafts
We were left praying, “When Lord?”…
Again He answered. We have a rope swing in our front yard. When the weather warmed up again, we suddenly had groups of kids playing in our front yard everyday after school and on the weekends, mostly girls. I dragged the picnic table up to the front yard, Becca prepared tea, cookies, a lesson and the crafts and the girls LOVED IT! She has done two impromptu tea parties thus far and will continue to do them throughout the spring, summer and fall. We now have the kids knocking on the door asking if we could do a tea party!
|More girls enjoying the Tea Party|
We continue to pray about when to do the CraftsMANship club. There are several options before us right now and we trust that God will show us when and where to do it. Please be praying for us in this.
- For health. Ralph has been on a prescription med 10 years and is trying to go off of it because it is beginning to cause other health problems.
- Provisions for the community gardens. We desire to purchase the properties and need the funding to do so. Also, we need materials to build raise beds, fencing, and a garden shed as well as labors to share the burden.
- Wisdom with the timing of the CraftsMANship club.
- Wisdom for provisions for our family as Ralph’s new job pays less and our insurance cost more. We receive no pay from the ministry. Ralph is praying about whether he should work more shifts or wait on the Lord to provide.
- Pray for safety for those in our neighborhood. There was another shooting/murder last week.
- For clear vision and direction for Church in the Park
- We are pre-qualified for a home from Habitat for Humanity. We submitted a formal application and are waiting to find out if we will receive an interview. Please pray for God’s will in this and for our hearts to be submitted, no matter what.
- Tea and Craft Club has begun and the neighborhood girls really seem to enjoy it.
- Ralph was elected to the board of the King-Irving Neighborhood Association.
- We have two groups that work with kids that have contacted us about participating in the community gardens
- Ralph is assisting Saving Faith Outreach with ESL classes at the River Hills Apartments. The classes are going well and he is building a relationship with a Muslim woman there. Please pray for wisdom and insight how to reach her for Christ.
- The people of the neighborhood are warming up to us. Kids know us by name and are coming to our house asking if we can come out and play (Nina too).